NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
As part of the Nike Global Technology team, you will work with engineering, product and program folks across the larger organization to define and deliver optimal solutions to large-scale use cases and specific requirements from teams like mobile applications, nike.com, consumer services, legal, privacy, security, compliance, partnership, and architecture.
You should bring both a technical mindset to grasp technology implications and a well-developed set of analytic skills to apprehend business priorities that combine to allow you to establish the value-based prioritization of your teams’ feature work.
Nike is constantly experimenting how to best serve our consumers—trying and learning about which approaches most effectively meet consumer needs and put us where consumers want us to be. This never-ending thirst to learn, adapt, and make our products increasingly relevant means that our services must be resilient, our designs long lasting, and our implementation flexible enough to meet evolving requirements. Change is a deliberate part of who we are.
You will work in collaboration with our Sr. Product Manager to conceive and construct the Consumer Notifications product roadmap that deliver the highest, most relevant, and most timely business value back to Nike. Your business cases are built atop Expected Outcomes, measures that evaluate actual performance against those expected outcomes, and recommendations for investments and prioritization that lead to an implementation plan to make that roadmap actually come to pass.
- Strategy: Partner with the Notifications Platform Sr. Product Manager to establish the product vision and strategy for Nike’s consumer notifications delivery platform. Work with core stakeholders and execution partners across Nike to align the platform’s capabilities and services with the strategic and tactical needs of the larger business and the roadmaps of those key partners. Collaborate to build and advance the platform’s product roadmap to realize those needs.
- Development: Hands-on decision-maker. Be the Product Owner for the CDS team. Provide day-to-day leadership to the development team with regard to requirements and priorities. Assure that the teams’ work advances the ball toward the business goals that you have set out to justify that investment. Communicate your intentions with clarity and conciseness through requirements documentation, scrum tickets, and in day-to-day conversation with the team members. Work in meaningful partnership with your Program Management and Scrum Master peers to provide consistent, seamless leadership and support for the development team.
- Delivery: Work with Program Management to support establishment of specific dependencies, deliverables, and timelines. Work with Program Management and other leaders to establish and improve the teams’ processes around implementation and delivery. Ensure that Measurability and Observability are built into those processes to improve release quality, time to market, performance, and reliability. Work closely with the engineering teams to build reliable, adaptable, transparent processes.
- Features: Prioritize feature execution against the strategic goals, business value creation, and expected outcomes from across the larger business. Work closely with integration partners and service consumers to deeply understand their business and operational needs for notification delivery and how those needs lay into the larger creation of consumer value and business value. Utilize that knowledge to create requirements and definitions that shape the development work of the notifications delivery platforms teams.
- Observability: Move data from our delivery systems and those of third-party delivery service providers into Nike’s analytics systems. Work with analytics partners to establish models and reporting that support decision-making, establish the on-going value and effectiveness of delivery services, provide the data products that allow Nike to intelligently evaluate the effectiveness and establish the business value of its messaging with consumers. Work with partners to build near-real-time data reporting and visualizations. Effectively communicate analytics and metrics within the teams, to partners, and to leadership. Evaluate and recommend improvements to the team’s systems and processes based on observed measurements.
- Integration: Web technologies and software development should be second nature to you. API definition and RESTful web services are familiar. Own the definition and advancement of the APIs and services that (securely and scalably) expose the platform’s functionality across Nike and key external partners. The consumer notifications delivery platform is one of the most integrated set of services across Nike. Create processes, tools, and communications that ease service integration with the ultimate goal of self-service integration.
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on product specifications, user stories, manage design challenges and execute agile product delivery.
- Stakeholders: Collaborates with mobile application, legal, privacy, security, compliance, consumer services, data analytics, partnership, and architecture teams to bring your product to life. Removes obstacles and helps the team navigate and align the organization to optimize success.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Measures clear product KPIs, derive key insights, and devises and executes proof-of-concept executions to learn. Captures metrics to measure how product is performing and how it can be improved. Ensures on-going monitoring of results through analysis and reporting.
- Industry Analysis: Continuously monitors and shares relevant technology trends, competitive offerings and best-of-breed executions.
- Experienced technical product manager with 3+ years of digital product background. Proven success stories of launching scalable technology platform features with meaningful outcomes. Solid familiarity with web services architectures and technologies is highly desired. Experience building scalable systems specifically using the Amazon Web Services cloud is a plus.
- Demonstrated success working with various cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction. Examples of successful working relationships and processes with engineering and product teams.
- Deep experience working on and leading agile-/scrum-based product development teams. Write great requirements and convert those into stories that serve to inform and guide engineering work.
- Can visually depict technical architecture diagrams and communicate their key elements to business and partners. Ability to develop supporting operational processes and guidelines to support on-going delivery.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Results-driven with the ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task. Nimble and flexible with regard to changing priorities & business needs.
- An assertive, direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player.
- Deep passion for creating robust, scalable and extensible platform offering.
- BS degree preferred, not required.
- Detailed operational knowledge about and extensive team-based use of JIRA and Confluence, or deep experience working daily with similar project ticketing and documentation systems.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00439718