Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Corporate Functions, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc.’s Corporate Functions team depends on a diverse set of skills to operate at peak performance. Those skills span many disciplines across Nike’s Corporate Functions, including Facilities, Child Development, Administrative Support and Aviation. While roles range from pilots to security specialists to teachers, one thing remains constant: the teams deliver exceptional experiences and services at Nike locations around the world.
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.Description
Working in the Security Operations Center you will monitor Nike activities and access to facilities using various security-specific software applications, CCTV, access, intrusion, fire life safety and phone systems. You will answer incoming calls, dispatch officers to respond to emergency and non-emergency situations. During emergency calls you will coordinate with local 911 dispatch centers for a proper response of police, EMS or fire departments. You will also actively participate in ongoing training to continuously improve security skills.
In addition to the responsibilities in the SOC, you may patrol assigned areas or work static posts, promptly investigate and report unusual or suspicious situations, including fire or life safety hazards, and log reports in a clear, concise and accurate manner for potential follow-up by third party departments. Patrolling assigned areas may be on foot, bicycle, golf cart and or/motorized vehicle for extended periods of time.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in security, law enforcement or related experience
- Knowledge of contemporary security and property protection techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of appropriate security actions in the event of an emergency situation
- Strong working knowledge of computer-based access control and alarm systems and an understanding of computer programs such as Microsoft Word and email programs
- Able to pass a 7-year criminal background check and drive security vehicles
- A valid driver's license and clean DMV record
- Able to have the proficient use of both sensory perception/clarity and muscle control/coordination. This includes vision, hearing, speech, strength, agility, flexibility, steadiness and reaction time.
- Able to read, write, speak, hear and understand verbal and written English and write/log reports in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Able to take quick, appropriate action in stressful, hostile or dangerous situations, be calm in emergency situations and handle confidential information with discretion
- Able to lift in excess of 30 lbs
- Must be able to rotate shifts and days off
- Willing to work overtime on any shift
- May be required to physically restrain hostile employees or guests
- Current DPSST Certification is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00460296