Senior Director Merchandising, DMM, North America Nike StoresApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Merchandising, Product Management & Merchandising, Merchandising & Product Management
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
Nike, Inc. products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Management team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product managers lead the creation process, manage product lines, and maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product Management employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether it’s basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: the Product Management team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.Description
As Sr Director Merchandising, DMM, North America (Nike Direct) Nike Stores, you support the Geography GMM to deliver on merchandising strategy and seasonal assortment direction across Gender, Member Mindsets, Product Type and Category. You will lead a team of Merchants to optimize seasonal assortments, and how product comes to life on digital platforms and in Nike Stores throughout North America. You will manage in season business results and serve members personally informed by Geography led consumer insights.
Key Accountabilities include:
Lead Nike Direct Merchants to develop Nike Direct Geography annual/seasonal merchandising plans to support a distinctive assortment and membership offense with speed and responsiveness
Prioritizes a bold vision and strategy that motivates others to action
Lead the creation and implementation of a transformational digital strategy through both, digital and physical retail serving our Nike-obsessed consumer.
Leads Category and Cross Category Merchandising teams to drive realization of seasonal product, merchandising and brand strategy on Nike.com and in Nike Stores
Drive member led offense in embracing the Must Have Product Offering and assortment building for Nike Direct channels
Build and deliver the Geography Nike Direct consumer led capacity in partnership with Geo Category and Marketplace Merchandising, Planning and Analytics
Key Deliverables include:
Review team deliverables for Consumer led insights and assortments to ensure maximization of opportunities as well as Geography Nike Direct localization priorities
Deliver on adoption targets for the Must Have Product Offering with Global and Geography Merchandising partners
Lead and inform Geography product decisions to cross functional teams in Integrated Retail Brand, Membership Services and Nike Digital Products
Read and react to in season analytics and identify opportunities to adapt current business and inform future assortments, merchandising strategies and strategic initiatives driven by member mindsets
Deliver and participate in the key corporate gates and gameplan deliverables
People management/team leadership
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 15 years’ experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical, digital, or wholesale environment
- Experience leading an omnichannel merchandising team
- Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience
- Proficiency in retail and profit based metrics
- Assortment planning experience
- A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
- A high taste level for product
- An ability to employ retail acumen and proven storytelling capabilities
- An ability to respond with speed and agility
- Candidate must be willing to travel 10-20% of the time
- Lead and Guide Others - ability to effectively influence and inspire across Nike Direct and the Merchandising organization Strategic Visioning - empowering a team to implement with excellence
- Leads through Ambiguity – provides transparency on direction through transformational change
- Deliver Positive & Productive Results – ability to focus on what matters most
- Cultivates Innovation and Digital Curiosity- inspires team to lead innovative digital opportunities that connect our consumer to our Brand
- Coaching & Development – creates individualized training plans that stimulates teammates to perform at their best
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00457452