NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
You will guide a global team of professionals to detect and resolve payment risks which include card not present fraud, internal policy violations, account take-overs, BOT mitigation and many others. Your team will define and track key metrics, analyze performance as well as both forecast and communicate the results. You will help to define the importance of data and instill the importance of data driven-decisions as a key component of results. You will develop and maintain our plan for facilitating support and communication within the team as well as for executive stakeholders. Your team will be responsible for assessing the current state of effectiveness, adoption and sustainability of our current programs and recommending improvements required to implement on your program. You will bring meaningful financial acumen providing direction to the fraud/payment related financial planning and budget commitments.
You will lead Nike’s global operation in this area with ultimate responsibility end-to-end from strategy to capability roadmap to defining investments and resources required to forecasting and follow through balancing fraud losses with frictionless consumer experiences.
The role requires a self-starter with the tenacity to move ideas into action and possess the motivational skills to collaborate with various stakeholders to cultivate alignment and action. Additionally, this role requires a leader with a combination of critical thinking, strategic and communication skills.
You work closely with the digital commerce teams in all of Nike’s geographies and many other teams across Nike Direct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, lead and develop a multi-functional Digital Loss Prevention & Fraud team of varying skillsets and tenure including geography leaders, decision scientists, order reviewers and chargeback analysts.
- Provide direction and support to ensure the teams are meeting performance expectations and have the proper coaching and infrastructure to be effective.
- Create and care for our Global strategy including roadmap, resource planning and budgeting.
- Support and lead in aligning risk and control strategies across key partners – Supply Chain/ Finance/ Payment Operations/ Legal/ Internal Audit/ Law Enforcement/Security/ Retail Loss Prevention.
- Maintain knowledge of digital commerce risk trends, schemes, performance drivers, mitigation tools and payment policies. Understand impacts to Nike’s business and recommend solutions.
- Implement and maintain capabilities and processes. Manage risk mitigation processes for emerging trends and behaviors via rule analytics and models through third party and/or data science.
- Monitor existing metrics and partner with internal and external teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
- Create and utilize intake process to ensure clear expectations and work back commitments with all business partners are met.
- Respond to escalated risk issues, industry risk alerts, bank alerts and consumer alerts.
- Act as digital commerce payment fraud subject organization authority for all business partners and be able to communicate well with and educate key stakeholders.
- Participate in industry trade groups as well as own and develop merchant network partnerships.
- Provide and articulate business case analysis/modeling for process and capability improvements.
- Create the vision, direction and culture of Nike’s Global Digital Loss Prevention & Fraud.
- Masters degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or experience in a related field highly preferred.
- 10 years of leadership experience with proven ability to set strategic direction and lead teams though high-profile projects.
- 8 years of experience in digital commerce or retail payment fraud risk required.
- 5 years of experience in broad-based business analytics roles including application of business insights and development of high-impact management and operational reporting.
- Strong financial and business acumen required.
- Proven ability to turn data into visualized, actionable analysis and metrics – craft a compelling story using data.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to articulate complex business concepts.
- Proven ability to create and operationalize payment fraud strategies.
- Prior experience presenting and communicating to all levels of leadership within an organization.
- Demonstrates patience, integrity and the ability to negotiate effectively and network with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize tasks of competing priority.
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00426109