Senior Director, Total Rewards Strategy and PlanningApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Strategic Planning, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike’s path forward.Description
The Total Rewards function is responsible for creating ‘uniquely Nike’ Pay, Benefits, Mobility & Immigration programs that enable Nike to attract, retain and engage the world’s best talent. The work of our team includes:
- Setting Pay, Benefits, Mobility & Immigration philosophies and strategies in support of our business, culture, and people goals
- Designing programs, practices, and processes to support critical Enterprise strategies & capabilities (Analytics, Digital, Global Ops & Marketing) to meet business outcomes, delivered through business-facing consulting and manager engagement
- Providing oversight and governance of our $5B rewards portfolio, ensuring our investments are competitive & equitable and fiscally responsible & prudent
- Representing Nike’s Total Rewards strategies, practices and results across our Board of Directors, Nike shareholders, shareholder activists, Nike Executive Leadership Team, and internal finance/legal/communications constituencies
- Delivering the above through a clear strategy, effective operating model, and a high performing team
This work is fueled by a leadership team free to focus their expertise, innovation and collaboration on NIKE’s core Pay, Benefits, Mobility & Immigration programs and the teams delivering them.
The primary purpose of the Senior Director, Strategy & Planning is to support the Vice President, Total Rewards by managing the day-to-day tactical deliverables of functional strategy development & integration, planning & portfolio management, & department communications.
This role plays a unique and confidential role supporting the VP, Total Rewards in the development, communication and delivery of strategy, strategic planning, and other duties as assigned.
- Supports development of the Total Rewards strategy and roadmap in alignment with the overarching HR strategy, led by the Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning
- Aligns the VP, Total Rewards competing priorities and opportunities against strategic objectives and resources
- Serves as a ‘sensing channel’ across the Total Rewards function and enterprise
- Provides research and analytical support to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions for key functional priorities
- Benchmarks external best practices, current and future trends, and innovative solutions from the marketplace
- Serves as a trusted thought partner and sounding board
- Develops key relationships across the enterprise that support the VP, Total Rewards in achieving her targets
In addition to core headcount & budget responsibilities across the Pay, Benefits, Mobility & Immigration teams, this role oversees business planning, portfolio management, and integrated delivery.
- Orchestrates planning of Total Rewards programs from portfolio intake, prioritization & tracking, resourcing & cost estimation, project milestones, progress & budget tracking, and employee & manager engagement for delivery across the enterprise, leveraging the tools, practices, and resources of the HR PMO
- Delivers Total Rewards programs as drivers of cultural change & adoption and vehicles for delivering our Employer Brand and Employer Value Proposition
- Partners with the Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning to support the annual processes for organization & headcount planning, SPKO, CSR and AOP development and submission
- Analyzes, identifies and frames decisions, issues, and opportunities for the VP, Total Rewards through internal and external reports, organizations and events
- Develops internal processes or guides distinct projects as required to optimize the efficacy, agility and impact of Total Rewards
- Manages the Total Rewards budget, including planning, forecasting and monitoring actual vs. planned spending across the function
Functional & Team Communications
This role plays a critical role articulating the leader’s vision, mission, strategy and tactical expectations through communication channels and events reaching her leadership team, organization and critical internal partners and stakeholders.
- Maintains a communications framework for the Total Rewards function, inclusive of
- Leadership Team: staff meetings, team development sessions and offsites
- Extended Leadership Team: project / program meetings to track progress and escalate issues to the Leadership Team, manage agenda for monthly extended LT sessions
- Total Rewards employees: regular Leadership updates, All Hands meetings, and cascade meetings
- Planning meetings with counterparts in other functions to prepare the leader for HRLT meetings and offsites
- Supports development and use of leadership “voice” by providing initial drafts of key proposals, reports, emails, etc.
- Partners with Sr. Director HR Strategy & Planning to collect and provide information & data for Quarterly Business Review and other internal and external reporting obligations
- Supports external speaking and conference presentations for VP, Total Rewards
The Senior Director, Strategy & Planning role requires the demonstrated ability to:
- Organize, prioritize and implement multiple complex priorities balanced with the immediate needs of the leader’s dynamic obligations and calendar
- Lead a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Research innovations in Pay, Benefits, Mobility & Immigration practices
- Think proactively and abstractly to identify tactical considerations or problems before they arise
- Plan at both the overarching, “big-picture” level as well as the discrete task level
- Navigate complex personalities, relationships and organization dynamics with discretion, tact and political savvy
- Establish credibility and impact employees at all levels of the enterprise
- Remain impartial, calm and easy going despite stress or emotions in the environment
- Receive, evaluate and filter requests for the leader’s time, attention and / or engagement as necessary
- Represent the leader and function internally and externally as required
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience (3+ years' experience post-grad) in Human Resources programs & practices, change management or HR strategy. In lieu of a degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects or portfolio management
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00433713