NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Software Engineer in Marketplace Platforms, you will join a team of engineers, scrum masters and product owners to envision and deliver extensive applications and services that bring Nike omni-channel solutions to the next level. This role will be involved in designing and developing secure, highly scalable and innovative services in a continuous delivery model on the Nike cloud platform. The Senior Software Engineer will also partner with leads and architects to establish a technical vision for various Nike commerce experiences.
- 5+ years’ experience using Java (8 or higher preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful API’s
- Hands-on experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
- Experience with Spring framework and Spring Boot
- Excellent foundation in data structures, algorithms and architecture patterns
- Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Proficient with DevOps, modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, and automated integration tests
- Experience with NoSQL data stores to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT), issue tracking tools (Jira), and CI/CD related tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Proficient in pair programming and performing technical code reviews
- Ability to partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Excellent team player and communicator capable of building positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Equivalent combination of education and professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Commerce experience preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00439839