NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
As part of this team, you will be involved in designing and building services in a continuous delivery model on the Nike cloud platform. This role will also partner with leads and architects to help establish a technical vision and deliver innovative services which are consistent, maintainable, and highly scalable for various Nike commerce experiences.
Focus areas will include inventory, orders, and fulfillment domains.
- 5+ years’ experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using Java 8+
- Work in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
- Excellent foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
- Ability to define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Practice full DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring
- Leverage NoSQL using AWS DynamoDB to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Deliver software in a Scrum development process
- Experience in performing technical code reviews and pair programming
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field
- Relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable with version control systems (Git) and issue tracking tools (JIRA)
- Experience with CD/CI and related tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring
- eCommerce experience preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00433773