At Air Manufacturing Innovation (Air MI), we deliver on Nike’s most daring dream: giving every athlete the unparalleled sensation of walking on air. Since Nike introduced the Air sole in 1979, no technology has become more synonymous with Nike than Air. Our teams engineer, make and perfect Nike’s most advanced footwear components. Masters of teamwork, we challenge assumptions in order to get faster, drive efficiency and fine-tune technology to deliver quality performance plastic. At our state-of-the-art facilities located in Beaverton, Oregon and St. Charles, Missouri, Air MI is taking Air to places that we never thought possible. Learn more about Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation.
Think you fit the mold? These are the skills we’re looking for to join this world-class team:
- socially conscious
I come to work every day because I know the Nike brand is not just about shoes, it’s a way of life.
Daryl Coleman Plastic Machine Operator
Nike is a great place to work. We encourage employees to feel self assured with their skills and to always reach their full potential.
Cristell Arriaga Plastic Machine Operator
MEET NIKE AIR MI PLASTIC MACHINE OPERATORS
Explore a career in Beaverton, Oregon
MEET NIKE AIR MI PLASTIC MACHINE OPERATORS
Explore a career in St. Charles, Missouri
WELCOME TO ST. CHARLES AIR MI
Message from Cheryl Renne, General Manager
MEET THE NIKE AIR MI MAINTENANCE TEAM
Explore a career at both facilities
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We’re a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Our Purchasing team helps AIR MI win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value, challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage.
We are looking for an impact-driven Purchasing – Sourcing and Procurement specialist who will join the Purchasing team at Air MI in Beaverton, OR. You will gain exposure to all elements of our manufacturing organization – engineering, tooling, facilities & maintenance, production, technology, and so on. You will partner with these functional stakeholders to understand their buying strategy and needs.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive purchasing operational excellence which includes leveraging preferred purchasing/transaction methods, payment methodology and working capital principles
- Perform purchasing transactions related to procurement operations (PO, requisitions, vendor master, supplier relationship management, invoice problem solving)
- Source goods and Services
- Decision optimization
- Support the implementation of purchasing operational policies, processes and procedures to elevate purchasing and procurement operations and improve performance metrics
- Collaborate with Air MI Purchasing and Procurement team members to leverage best practices, tools, and to ensure process consistency
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Execute 7 step sourcing competitive bidding: RFx (Request for Quote, Proposal, Information)
- Spend analysis
- Perform contract reviews and negotiations for business terms
You will tackle challenging hands-on work, gain exposure to diverse stakeholders, and share in the success of the projects assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with Purchasing and Procurement tools e.g. Pega, Coupa, e-sourcing
- Previous experience working in strategic sourcing
- Previous work in manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Business coursework experience preferred
- Project management abilities/experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, creative problem solver & want to get their “hands dirty”
- Able to think on their feet and articulate problems well
- Passion for the Nike brands
- Experience in SAP
- Previous experience or coursework focused on procurement, operations, supply chain, or finance
- Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit in fast-paced environment
- General financial skills/knowledge
- Previous manufacturing experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00452200