Associate Brand Merchandiser, North America Kids FootwearApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Merchandising, Product Management & Merchandising, Merchandising & Product Management
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.Description
The North America Associate Brand Merchandiser for Kids Footwear drives the Global Brand vision into the North America Marketplace and owns consumer insights for the geography. This role is the voice of North America into Global Merchandising and other key stakeholders at the North America Geo level.
Responsible for adopting the Kid’s Footwear assortment and leading the North America strategy on Best Expressions and Channel segmentation by tier. Works cross functionally with Global and North America Marketplace Merchandising counterparts to ensure he/she has the building blocks for assortment differentiation across the marketplace. Drives communication related to the consumer right assortments to all stakeholders to ensure a consistent premium Converse brand consumer experience.
- Align cross-functionally to represent the brand vision and the North America point of view and provide seasonal Marketplace Capacity & Insights
- Seek out & serve up marketplace opportunities to Global Merchandising & Key Stakeholders
- Deliver North America seasonal strategies and brand modules to North America Marketplace Merchandising team
- Set and align local wholesale and retail pricing
- Partner with Brand Merch Director to drive geo adoption of seasonal strategies and modules to ensure financial plans are met
- Adopts & Adapts Channel / Tier Assortments & Drives Franchise Position
- Provide input to ensure geography / territory forecasts are well-informed
- Consolidate Marketplace Hindsight & complete North America hindsight
- Own sample order process for Kids footwear
- Consumer focused mindset with a passion for the Brand
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present to larger audiences, across a variety of roles
- Analytic minded able to read and react to trend and sales data
- Ability to seek out and maximize business opportunities
- Influence at various levels across a matrix organization
- Ability to link business strategies to a commercial product offering that meets/exceeds financial goals
- Strong process and organization skills aiding in working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with positive energy and a willingness to deliver high quality results. Be a champion of change and lead by example
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in footwear merchandising or buying
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required
- Physical movement of samples and boxes as needed, during meeting setups
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00450889