Creative Director Global FootwearApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Art School Finally Pays Off
That art school word ‘aesthetic’ comes in handy again. The look and feel of Converse gets funneled through this crew. From Events to Online to Retail to Photography to Messaging, Brand Design is the artistic hand on the color wheel. If you’re looking for a motley band of artists and thinkers, then look no further. We all know what “aesthetic” means, too. We just don’t use it because it’s cheesy.Description
Determines, innovates, and evolves creative design philosophy and strategies consistent with Nike design ethos. Shares outcomes and provides motivation and inspiration to design staff and matrix partners.
Oversees and reviews project/product design, vision, goals, and mission of Design groups, relating that direction to Nike's business strategy.
Responsible for creative and design integrity as well as ensuring continuity. Coordinate and link creative and design groups to ensure a cohesive unit that delivers a consistent design message.
Build, direct, lead, and develop a creative and responsive design management team. Create an atmosphere that fosters innovative thinking, collaboration, and teamwork.
Develop and maintain an understanding of divisional business goals and values and works collaboratively with business and marketing partners to enhance design and group effeciveness. Participate and influence content of business plans and budget.
Communicate Nike's design philosophy to the public and strengthen ties with outside design community through presentations and speeches.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively technically sophisticated experience in product design roles, including at least 5 years progressively responsible leadership roles.
- Strong financial skills and knowledge including ability to optimize resources to create profitability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations. Strong ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to snior management in a timely and accurate manner. Strong ability to develop high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies.
- Sound judgment and ability to contribute meaningfully to the determination of policy and strategy.
- Ability to motivate others, deal with ambiguity, and effectively collaborate in decision-making.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00434320