Footwear Product Engineer II - (KR)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product’s construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
- Act as expert resource within the category during the development phase to identify and alleviate potential manufacturing issues and improve efficiency or costing. Make early recommendations on product construction techniques and tooling solutions.
- Actively manage and facilitate the development and commercialization of higher levels of technology and key models on a seasonal basis.
- Collaborate with the engineering and category teams on a regular basis to develop best practice and process efficiency project agendas.
- Work closely and communicate often with other Engineers in other manufacturing countries to obtain consistency in technical, development and production across respective category.
- Act as mentor to junior Engineering teammates to better prepare them for future growth and challenges.
- Support innovation plans in support of category and infrastructure needs and ensure proven and tested readiness of new technologies and methods prior to production.
- College degree in related technical/engineering field. Additional experience required in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a specialized category footwear technical capacity to include pattern engineering, development and production
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge of footwear pattern engineering process, Asian production and RD&D processes.
- General knowledge of mold engineering required. Must be familiar with materials used in category specific footwear. Must know machinery used in the manufacturing of category footwear and expected results. Computer proficiency including 2-D and 3D CAD/CAM preferred. Crispin and Cadkey knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to provide guidance and advice within area of expertise. Sensitive to differing cultures, customs and business practices.
- Able to communicate well in English
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 9951