Chemical Engineer 1Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
The Chemical Engineer will support the implementation of new product launches and be responsible for driving NIKE Chemical Engineering Best Practices for Rubber Outsole, PU/IP/CMP/CP/DP/EVA Midsole as well as NIKE Chemical Engineering Best Practices for Stock-fit and Assembly Processes.
- Support the implementation of new product launches and be responsible for driving NIKE Chemical Engineering Best Practices.
- Support for implementing NIKE Test Methods and Custom Tests as well as NIKE Lab Manual and Standards at NIKE’s factory partners.
- 1-2 years minimum experience required as Chemical Engineer
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time.
- Proficient problem solver with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects at one time and prioritize work according to potential impact.
- Effective project and resource management experience with a proactive approach to team specific issues.
- Hands on experience in a footwear manufacturing environment.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 9542