Senior Designer FlagshipsApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
For the EMEA Retail Design & Development department we are looking for a Senior Designer. In this role you will be managing a team and you will be reporting to the Design Director Environmental Graphic Design (EGD)
The role requires a strong sense of communication to drive creative direction for countries across EMEA, aligning with the global team in Portland, Oregon, and aligning with multiple departments teams based in Nike EHQ.
The position requires experience in various mediums— retail interior design, material application/experimentation with a graphic eye, consumer journeys, wayfinding and brand storytelling — all with a strong conceptual process to drive and present the work.
• The role is within a small immediate team, and will rely on freelance assistance, facilitation from in-house department EGD project management, collaboration with Environmental designers and alignment with Fixture layout. You'll direct, manage and lead creative and execution agencies across multiple disciplines to take retail concepts from blue sky ideas to complete consumer journeys to detailed execution of every element for opening day. Openness to experiment and push boundaries of familiar solutions is a mandate.
• You will be required to provide strategic direction to deliver high quality concepts and solutions at every stage of the creative process. Executional excellence as well as the knowledge and passion to drive this forward is a must.
• You will need to communicate and sell design concepts to both internal and external audiences. You'll manage design processes to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met. You'll provide ideas that evolve and enhance Nike retail design in general, inspire design evolution to initiate and drive "best practices" internally and with external execution agencies.
• The work will be varied from flagships to rollouts but should always deliver excellence. The expectation is to land designs that inspire the team and our consumer by raising the bar. Retail is growing to deliver experiential intuitive environments with a seamless transition between digital and physical. You will be part of evolving and writing this future vision for retail within Europe.
• Bachelor’s degree in design; communication design, brand strategy, graphic design or interior design
• Expertise working with brand storytelling/development, retail (seasonal or design), execution of the above
• At least 7 years’ directly relevant work experience, expert in art direction and production, visual design, retail design, motion design and event/experience design combined with solid knowledge of how to leverage today’s digital channels and emerging technologies
• Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Keynote, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat
• Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas with senior leaders, internal and external stakeholders
• Depth of experience working with execution agencies to build and execute different ideas in various materials (print, 2D and 3D)
• Interest to work in responsive design and collaborative creative teams
• Expert-level knowledge of design trends in color, materiality, technology, communications, experience design, art, sustainable techniques, and other design influences
• Solid communication skills and proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results (art and science)
• Ability to travel 20-30% within Europe and US
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00439785