Sports Marketing Director Athletics (EMEA)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. exists to innovate for athletes. Nike Sports Marketing professionals provide the vital linkage between the company and Nike-sponsored athletes, clubs and federations worldwide. Sports Marketing employees partner with premier athletes to collect insights about existing and future products, gather inspirational stories about sport and nurture long-term relationships between the athletes and the company. The team develops and executes sports marketing strategies, obtains endorsements and licensing agreements and serves as Nike ambassadors to the sports community worldwide. Their relationships build the foundation of Nike’s product creation: Nike creates exceptional products because its employees listen to exceptional athletes.Description
Based at NIKE’s European Headquarters (EHQ) in Hilversum, The Netherlands and reporting directly to the VP Sports Marketing EMEA, with a dotted line to the VP Sports Marketing Global/NA – Athletics, this role will focus on driving NIKE’s Global Athletics strategy within EMEA, as well as directing NIKE’s portfolio of athletes, federations, and 1-day athletics meetings, including the scouting, contract execution, servicing, and leveraging of NIKE’s athletics portfolio within EMEA. A key responsibility is driving NIKE’s long-term acquisition strategy, with a sharp focus on fiscal management, ensuring the successful evolution of NIKE’s athletics portfolio. This role will also include the management of both direct and indirect reports within the EMEA Sports Marketing organization.
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Oversee EMEA strategic plan that reflects overall Global athletics strategy, staying within EMEA budget allocation, and contributing to the long-term growth of the NIKE Sports Marketing athletics category.
- Contract Management and Negotiation
- Work with country managers on contract negotiation, development, and execution.
- Lead key negotiations within EMEA, working closely with country managers and directors on signing strategy and execution.
- Work closely with NIKE Legal on contract management.
- Relationship Building
- Maintain and develop key relationships across NIKE business functions, as well as with key influencers within the region, including athletes, agents, coaches, federations, and governing bodies.
- Coaching (HR)
- Coach and develop EMEA Sports Marketing Athletics team, including the development of country manager’s skill set and performance, specifically around strategic planning, contract management & execution, budgeting, relationship building, and talent ID.
- Inspire, motivate, coach and lead your team, both direct and indirect reports.
- Brand Integration
- Working with NIKE Brand, you will be responsible for engaging with the EMEA Brand Team(s) to leverage our assets across multiple engagement platforms.
- Proven track record in scouting, negotiating, signing, and servicing athletes and/or federations, specifically within athletics.
- Established network of athletes, coaches, agents, and administrators within EMEA Athletics.
- In-depth industry knowledge of athletics landscape, with focus on EMEA marketplace preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic with a strong sense of urgency and direction, having the ability to make difficult decisions and have tough conversations.
- Strong working knowledge of Athlete Integration, including proven ability to manage and deliver against multiple requests.
- Candidate must have strong product knowledge and a deep understanding of Nike Running.
- Experience in managing a team and working in a multi-national environment is preferred.
- A Minimum of ten (10) year’s work experience in athletics, with a background in coaching and/or as an athlete.
- A minimum of five (5) years of contract negotiations in athletics.
- Requires a university degree; post-graduate study in Sports Management preferred.
- Strong command of English language, both written and verbal; Second language an asset.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00419629