Internship Procurement (Supply Chain)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
Internship opportunities available immediately or start September 2019:
Our Procurement team helps Nike win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value. We challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage. We are motivated by results, not by process. And we act as one team across the globe. We live this mission via excellence in analytics, strategy development, stakeholder relationships, strategy execution, negotiating, contracting, and supplier management. Our work spans the entire company, giving our team a unique Nike, Inc. viewpoint. As an intern with Supply Chain Procurement at the European Logistics Center in Laakdal - Belgium, you will become part of our European Procurement Team, with the opportunity to drive and support strategic initiatives.
We are looking for impact-driven Procurement Interns who will join the Global Procurement team. You will join our Procurement Internship program with exposure to all elements of our Supply Chain Procurement organization – mainly European transportation, 3rd Party Logistics/Warehousing, Services, Technology and Facilities focused categories. You will partner with directors and sourcing managers to drive impact in these areas. The internship will be based in Laakdal, Belgium, but you will have the opportunity to join our team at Hilversum in the Netherlands for a few days every month.
- Prepare and distribute timely and insightful analysis to support Procurement Strategies development and implementation
- Provide support to Sourcing managers in recommendations on specific functional strategies
- Support Sourcing projects including Market analysis, Negotiations, Tendering and Contracting process as well as Supplier Relationship Management
- Actively interpret and review sourcing results with business managers, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses. Continually seeks ways to improve processes
- Advise on financial implications of business decisions. Identifies and/or develops relevant management reporting and analytical tools.
- During your internship, your mentor will coach, inspire and develop you, your talent will never cease to grow.
WHAT IS YOUR TRACK RECORD?
- You are currently attending your last year in a master’s degree programme. If this programme includes a logistics background, that's definitely a plus!
- Advanced level Excel / PowerPoint and fluent English language skills both written and verbal. Energetic communication skills - able to influence at a variety of levels and across functions in a complex organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - Ability to comb through large amounts of data, evaluate, draw conclusions, and present a coherent viewpoint.
- Project management abilities - Ability to deliver results against tight and complex timelines. You are a self-starter with ability to manage work in multiple areas and within a virtual work environment.
- Team player attitude; solid positive energy; stress resistance and confidence.
- Your business suit stays in the closet! Our informal dress code ensures an enthusiastic and casual work environment.
- The internship is unpaid, but you can count on specific reimbursement for the costs made.
- Stay fit at our local sport facilities and push your physical boundaries (fitness, track & field, beach volleyball, tennis courts, soccer pitch).
- We guarantee an internship with lots of freedom and space to grow, both professionally and personally!
- First selection through CV and cover letter. Tell us why you want to be our new intern! You can apply at jobs.nike.com/belgium.
- We would like to meet you! At this stage you will take computer tests and have a phone interview. Afterwards you will solve a business case and have a face to face conversation with a colleague of the team.
- For more info contact IgniteELC@nike.com
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID SRC013119IPSC