Maintenance & Engineering DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
- Function as the engineering innovation leader in areas such as new manufacturing concepts, product technologies and sustainability ventures. Ensure the team defines and documents procedures for all aspects of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Manage and maintain the space programming, planning, materials handling and transportation functions.
- Manage, coach and develop your team into a high-performance maintenance team with the aim of improving Material Handling Systems in terms of safety and availability.
- Direct the teams in process improvement initiatives.
- Work with the Logistics Management Teams on the long-term vision and strategy deployment.
- Manage talent planning within the team in a way that people can grow from within / join the team in a smooth way.
- Align & integrate with other functions to understand business direction and future expectations from the team.
- Make sure that people can work in a safe & healthy environment, where everybody feels respected.
- Continuously feed and strengthen the Nike Culture. Inspire others to do so.
- A technical university degree, relevant electromechanical engineering course or equivalent through experience.
- Graduated as an (industrial) engineer or equivalent through experience, familiar with all aspects of automation (mechanics, electronics, control techniques, …).
- Professional experience in a technical environment and in a multinational with Material Handling Equipment and Maintenance techniques
- You have the unique skillset to combine people management with technical expertise.
- Strategic system thinker as an enabler to efficiently achieve the logistics results with involved x-functional teams.
- Excellent people skills and experience in leading a big team via direct and indirect reports is a must.
- Team player who creates an environment where people can grow.
- Strong communicator, fluent in Dutch and English.Run for gold...
- No formal suits in the office, wear only what suits you best!
- A competitive package (luncheon vouchers, hospitalization insurance, company car, events, …)
- Stay fit at our local sport facilities and push your physical boundaries (fitness, track & field, beach volleyball, tennis courts, soccer pitch, …).GO!Next steps:
- Selection based on CV, motivational letter.
- PC-testing of knowledge and skills.
- Interview with hiring management.
- Final Interview.
- Decision and communication.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00431805