Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Finance, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
- Gain a deep understanding of Nike’s business initiatives, logistic flows, goals, and drivers, including the technologies and/or intellectual property used to launch business initiatives
- Identify and communicate to the EHQ tax department and ELC leadership team any ongoing or new tax technical aspects/issues, benefits, and risks
- Assist with identifying, documenting, complying and defending key tax issues (e.g. transfer pricing, permanent establishments, withholding tax, indirect tax, funding, currency issues, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate tax audits and direct/indirect tax compliance and potential reserves along with all quarterly/annual filings
- Write technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos to be used by various business partners throughout the company
- Tax incentive management: analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work effectively with external advisors: you know how to partner with authorities and are capable of establishing a good solid network with them.
- Master degree in Accounting, Tax law or Economics with 5 years of progressive tax experience.
- Must have = relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm, preferably not only a career in consultancy (the BIG4).
- Expert in Belgian and EU tax matters along with a familiarity of US international tax provisions and an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries
- Strong computer technical skills: good knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- Ability to work independently yet strong team player as well: you successfully lead aspects of complex, milestone driven projects – including working effectively across cross-functional teams and in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking and writing Dutch is mandatory apart from a good level of English (both written and oral) which enables you to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals and all levels of management.
- Organized, critical, accountable pragmatist that pays good attention to detail and stakeholders: you take ownership of projects, possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Travel regularly to our EHQ in Hilversum, NL (between 15%)
- First selection based on cv (education, experience, knowledge, and skills) motivational letter preferably in English
- Online tests regarding learning potential and personality (negative results valid for one year)
- Selection based on interview(s) with Hiring Manager(s) and other key player(s).
- Final Interview.
- Decision and notification.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00433468