Event Operations Manager, EMEA WestApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Facilities, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Nike, Inc. corporate campuses provide environments to maximize employees’ full potential. From meticulous landscaping, to state-of-the-art fitness centers, running trails and more, the Nike Facilities teams keep campuses around the world running at peak performance so employees can operate in an environment that inspires innovation. These teams lead the design and construction of Nike’s corporate buildings, supply project management services, ensure workplace security and much more. The end result: an atmosphere that inspires everyone who sets foot on a Nike campus.Description
With aggressive long-term growth targets, Nike Inc.’s success hinges on new product innovations, operational excellence and fostering a workplace that can unleash the creativity and potential of all employees. To help achieve these goals, Nike’s Workplace Design + Connectivity (WD+C) function leads the transformation of the Nike workplace experience through a focus on physical space, services, and connectivity solutions.
Within WD+C, the Strategic Meeting & Events department is creating and executing world-class live meeting + events experiences for our employees and our key accounts. Driving a seamless inspired consumer journey that adds strategic value to Nike is what the event operations manager will embody.
As the Event Operations Manager your role will be to develop and lead a program and framework that successfully supports the Meeting and Event Strategy and consumer experience. The Event Operations Manager brings globally aligned strategic initiatives to life in locally relevant processes. Lead the communication strategy to translate processes into business recommendations for seamless event experiences and enhanced productivity for Nike INC. Driving innovation by translating strategy into consolidated design of tools, services, sourcing and reporting.
The Event Operations Manager will report into the WD+C Director and manage a team of outsourced team members from Nike’s strategic event partner.
- Create event briefing and production design based on business objectives envisioning the consumer journey.
- Manage high-end Nike event experiences in collaboration with global- and territory teams and executed with Nike’s outsources strategic partner.
- Optimize the event infrastructure by designing and strengthening operational, analytical, and financial processes.
- Drive the EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) event program throughout the territory.
- Design communication plans to ensure flawless implementation of the program innovations.
- Pro-active contribution shaping the future of events influencing global direction with local requirements.
- Manage department’s financial processes including forecasts and reporting.
- Manage long-term internal- and external strategic partnerships.
- Drive strategic decisions based on impact, agility and efficiency.
- Influence and drive strategic vision on meetings/events with business partners.
- Drive resource planning within the territory.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7-year work experience in a strategic operations role related to events
- Transition and project management expertise
- Strong negotiating skills
- Capability to make good and informed decisions and ability to manage ambiguity
- Passionate about efficiency through technology and innovation
- Experience in leading, coaching, driving and inspiring extended teams
- Strong analytical & financial skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate business objectives into solutions aligned with the global strategy
- Team player and ability to work with cross functional partners
- Being able to make a global strategy locally relevant and translate it into smart deliverables
- Passion for events
- Organizational awareness and influencing skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00459500