Plastic Machine Operator Lead - Air MIApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
• High School diploma or GED
• 4+ years experience in manufacturing or related experience
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and decimals with an understanding of weight and measurements (including metrics)
• Ability to read precision measuring instruments
• Displays knowledge of equipment operation and problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• General manufacturing principles of mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong results and service orientation
• Ability to be self-directed and able to manage work and time accordingly
• Excellent ability to network and utilize internal and external resources.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and basic understanding of supervisory approaches in areas such as scheduling, training, monitoring, and coaching the work of lower level employees
• Expert ability to handle multiple, competing and confidential priorities, requests, and deadlines as well as exercise good judgment in setting priorities, executing instructions, and follow-through.
• Expert ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and team environment
• May be required to lift 30-70 pounds when doing tool changes.
• Assignment may be to multiple machines so job rotation may be frequent.
• Excellent vision is essential in visually identify and distinguish colors
• 1 year experience leading teams
• Technical training, mechanical training or military experience
• Plastics Technology Certification or Associates Degree
• Ability to pass a 7 year background check and drug screen
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00424866