Director of City Insights, New YorkApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
In this role, you’ll work with consumers and collaborate with our marketing, strategy, product, and analytics teams to uncover insights that lead to action. We’re looking for someone who has experience with a variety of consumer research methods and demonstrated experience uncovering actionable insights. We’re looking for a mindful and vocal advocate with excellent communication skills. You will partner with x-functional teams and leadership across Nike to increase our understanding of consumers and influence strategic planning, product development and marketplace execution.
- Proactively identify and develop consumer strategies across product, marketplace and marketing
- Anchor category business teams planning in holistic, external consumer inputs and insights
- Scale New York City consumer insights to influence teams across the organization from New York to North America to Global
- Lead qualitative agencies as well as moderate and facilitate qualitative research with consumers as needed
- Direct quantitative agency partners (internally and externally) to uncover new, compelling insights
- Lead synthesis of qualitative and quantitative findings and deliver compelling storytelling to inform, influence and shape strategy
- Partner with marketing, strategy, merchandising, sales, analytics, product, and design teams to strengthen how and where consumer insights inform the overall product and marketing process
- 10+ years with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, execute and deliver compelling and actionable consumer insights in an exciting work environment, balancing both speed and rigor
- Command of consumer insights and research principles, design methodologies and collaborative problem solving
- Quantitative experience and understanding of different quant methodologies (e.g segmentation, A&U, etc)
- Rich qualitative knowledge and expertise around different methodologies (e.g. community, ethnos, focus groups, etc)
- Ability to synthesize findings that translate into actionable insight
- Expertise in leading research agencies
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Gifted storyteller, adept at crafting deliverables (presentations, frameworks, video and infographics) that persuade, influence and inspire multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to influence and communicate with clarity across a variety of businesses (product, marketplace/sales, marketing)
- Insatiable interest in Culture and Cultures
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00419335