Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide NIKE’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. NIKE attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to NIKE’s global business. As NIKE changes the future of sport, the NIKE Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
As our Assistant General Counsel in the Brand Services: Marketing & Nike Direct group, you will provide global strategic counseling for Nike’s Consumer Direct Offense. This role will primarily focus on consumer digital experience counseling, with additional support for marketing & advertising, and other related areas. You will also draft and negotiate commercial transactions in support of Nike’s Brand Marketing & Nike Direct organizations, including digital platform, licensing, vendor, advertising, media and marketing deals. You’ll address legal compliance issues related to digital experiences, brand marketing, commerce, consumer data privacy and security and other related consumer regulatory issues. You’ll provide strategic analysis of global legal risks and set and drive policies and solutions to achieve business objectives efficiently across key geographies. You’ll prepare and deliver training designed to enhance compliance. You’ll work on a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and engage with cross-functional teammates and various business groups. You will continually test and improve digital product and marketing compliance processes and surface and resolve issues that have significant brand and legal impact.
Requirements for the position include:
- JD degree
- Member, in good standing, of at least one U.S. State Bar and willingness to commit to membership in the Oregon State Bar
- 5-7 years’ experience in the practice of law with a significant focus on digital experiences, marketing, privacy and related consumer regulatory legal issues.
- Strong understanding of, and interest in, the technology, architecture and design that supports consumer digital products.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in the development of digital experiences
- Ability to successfully create and implement process in digital organizations
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Bias for action and ability to work independently within a multinational organization
- Results driven; proven experience leading strategic projects
- Law firm experience and experience in a corporate legal department of a consumer digital product or service company is preferred
- Experience advising on business practices in a global company is preferred.
- Proficient in related deal work, including digital agency, content production, creative services, paid media, licensing, SAAS and technology contacts, and how specific contract clauses affect digital products, marketing campaigns and partnerships
- Strong team player and ability to work cross-functionally in a complex organizational structure
- Sound risk assessment capabilities in rapidly evolving regulated areas
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00356500