Athlete Data AnalystApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
The ability to schedule and manage a variety of testing plans and resources to meet overall project planning is a needed skill in the role.
Recipients of project updates will have varied backgrounds; the ability to tailor a message to an audience appropriately is extremely beneficial.
• BS in Human Physiology, Biomechanics, Kinesiology or related field. Individuals in other fields of study may be considered if they are exceptionally strong in other areas.
• Knowledge of descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, sample size determination and regression is required.
• Participation in and contribution to cross-functional teams is required for success.
• Excellent communication skills needed to present and share test results across a wide audience.
• Ability to parse large data sets using Python, MATLAB, or other scripting tool.
• Experience with instrumenting and testing with human subjects in an athletic setting.
• Ability to recruit test subjects and foster meaningful relationships with test subjects will be critical to success.
• Previous experience with sport sensors and the quantification of athletic performance.
• MS Degree is related fields of study.
• A willingness to learn advanced statistical methods, such as Design of Experiments.
• Experience with managing and analyzing large data sets.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00424085