Director Content Publishing and Localization - Global Digital CommerceApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
As the Director of Content Publishing and Localization for Nike Digital, you will work across a large and diverse team to drive the overall strategy and execution of content publishing, localization and experience internationalization across the consumer-facing digital landscape (Nike.com, Apps, email, etc.). You will bring a consumer-focused and business-minded approach to evaluating and improving both content publishing and localization processes across many facets including team structures and roles, tools and systems, quality and relevance, vendors and vendor performance, operational costs and platform investments. Within each function, you will take the lead in identifying the short, medium and long-term opportunities for pushing operational excellence and improving the consumer experience worldwide.
To further evolve the global center of excellence for Nike Direct, you will also be responsible for continuing to grow the right teams for success, and aligning the global team with geography counterparts in each major geography and territory within Nike’s digital global footprint. This team is a key enabler of ‘globalization’ for Nike throughout our digital experiences. As such, your role in defining the benchmarks for success across internal Nike Digital and Nike Direct teams, geography stakeholders and with our strategic partners/suppliers will be critical. You will regularly measure and assess performance to inform new goals as you continuously raise the bar on our consumer experience and operational excellence.
Bringing locally relevant experiences to Nike’s consumer requires an obsession of detail across all touch-points - from the moment a consumer experiences the Nike.com home page for the first time, to the time they receive their ‘Welcome’ email for joining as a Nike.com member, to unfolding the packing list included in their order as it’s delivered to their doorstep, to helping them use our products. Your ability to influence the broader Nike teams to drive quality and relevance across all touch-points will be a significant key to your success.
At Nike, we believe that ‘There is no finish line’. The right leader will have a passion for continuous improvement and tenacity for making make things lighter, faster, stronger, better. You will have proven, hands-on industry experience in leading global content processes and teams - not only in delivering the business but driving a future vision through major periods of change and growth. Experience delivering on the behalf of a large, international multi-channel retailer is a big plus.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelors in Business, Finance, Management, Marketing, Technology or equivalent. Graduate degrees preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience including leadership of digital content, translation, localization and internationalization processes, including process improvement. Direct experience in online consumer digital (non-commerce) and/or consumer-direct online retail is highly valuable.
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment.
- Track record working in a team environment to define and align strategies, roadmaps and priorities
- Demonstrated experience managing, coaching and inspiring a team.
- Multi-country expertise and background leading across territories and time zones.
- Extensive vendor management skills
- Strong influencing and presentation skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary for developing and delivering strategies to executive level management.
- Proven leadership experience turning a global vision into reality and leading a strategic center of excellence
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00370414