Director, Global Direct Merchandising - SNKRSApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.Description
Director, Nike Direct Global Merchandising SNKRS
Nike is taking digital to the next level. Come be a part of this dynamic journey by being the Global Merchant for Nike Direct SNKRS. Targeted towards the sneaker enthusiast, SNKRS extends beyond a digital storefront to be a high tech shopping experience for high heat sneakers that authentically connect with our consumers and take the culture somewhere new. Build the right global assortment that lays the foundation for geo partners to continue changing the shoe-drop game for the better.
- Collaborate with Global Category teams on seasonal line plans & forecasting for global SNKRS/Direct
- Build global seasonal assortment for SNKRS with geo input through collaborative process
- Work with Geo SNKRS teams on aligning forecast to Global strategy and provide input into global and geo teams for review & finalization
- Drive global membership offer for both FW & APP in partnership with global merchandising
- Create and drive the SNKRS launch strategy with tech teams back into Nike Direct organization
- Capture and apply consumer analytics/learnings, provide seasonal teardowns to help inform and guide future launch strategy/assortments for Nike Direct
- Partner with Nike Direct Marketing on behalf of SNKRS/Nike+/Nike.com on content, storytelling, copy needs across FW & APP
- Collaborate with Nike Direct Digital and Stores Merchants to integrate strategies into seasonal product journeys, with focus on lead brand and category products
- Passion for Sneaker culture and understanding the Sneaker enthusiast
- Develop, deliver & execute compelling assortments & stories that enhance the SNKRS/Launch vision and serve the consumer
- Willingness and ability to dive into consumer/member analytics, balancing art with science
- Ability to manage the Nike Matrix & build strong cross categorical & functional partnerships
- Clear & concise communication skills
·Requires a Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
·At least 10 years’ experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
·Experience leading an Ecommerce team
·Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience
·Proficiency in retail and profit based metrics
·Assortment planning experience
·A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
·A high taste level for product
·An ability to employ retail acumen and proven storytelling capabilities
·An ability to respond with speed and agility
·Candidate must be willing to travel 10-20% of the time
NIKE is a growth company. We’re looking for team members to grow with us. If we’ve piqued your interest, then, good! A generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00352549