Footwear Color Designer I, SkateboardApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
In this role, you will drive an emotional connection to color for the consumer through the use of narrative and storytelling. The Color Designer I brings to life trend-relevant, seasonal category color direction by being a color specialist at the product and collection level.
• Bachelor's Degree in Textiles, Materials, Graphics, or other relevant design field
• 1 – 3 years relevant experience
• Connection to sport and sport style trends
• Ability to collaborate with other designers/Design Directors to create palettes and color flow based on category color strategy
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills
• Maintains color updates and seasonal looks as well as archives of line art
• Provides color design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load
• Ability to conduct in-depth research on consumer trends and insights in order to drive innovative design solutions
• Creates and delivers powerful presentations of seasonal design proposals that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences
• Ability to plan and execute the product color details and review all samples, troubleshoot for achievability issues and clearly communicate changes in order to ensure timely completion of each project
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Keynote on a Mac Platform
• Passion for design
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00462912