Manager, Merchandising Analytics - Consumer KnowledgeApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Marketing, Marketing & Communications
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
The Nike, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of Nike, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.Description
We are a growing team responsible for bringing a data-driven and consumer-centric view into Nike’s merchandising and assortment processes, both online and in the physical store environment. We are looking for someone who has experience analyzing first party consumer data at a retailer and a track record of identifying creative ways to apply it towards new use cases or new stakeholder groups. Prior experience in merchandising, assortment/line planning or category management is preferred.
This hands-on role will help drive the future of Nike Merchandising, through innovative applications of our data and new partnerships with other analytic teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where he or she is carving a new path, bringing new ideas to the table and collaborating with others to transform major organizational processes.
• Collaborate with other analytic teams and business partners to jointly develop new approaches to merchandising and assortment decisions
• Serve as an expert in analyzing and leveraging consumer data to optimize the shopping experience in physical and digital retail channels
• Manage multiple complex analyses end-to-end: develop the analysis plan, source appropriate data; decide on scope and methodology, conduct analysis, synthesize findings, translate into actionable recommendations, and create and deliver compelling presentations
• Go beyond the information that is readily available; pull in academic learnings, industry best practices and external market trends as you develop key questions, hypotheses and analysis plans
• Bring new ideas to the table on how we can leverage our data and knowledge to answer questions we are not being asked, but should be thinking about
• Bachelor’s degree in in a quantitative field such as Economics, Econometrics, Behavioral Sciences, Statistics, Applied Math or a related field preferred
• Advanced degree a plus, but not required
• 5+ years of professional experience in a retail-focused role where you gained some experience analyzing first party consumer/shopper data
• Experience working in a merchandising, assortment/line planning, category management-related function preferred
• Experience working at a multi-channel retailer a plus (i.e. flagship/factory/online)
• A deep understanding of advanced analytic techniques, particularly those that relate to measuring consumer & business outcomes in a multi-channel retail setting
• Proven history of translating strategies, concepts and complex ideas into practical analyses that are executed precisely and on time
• Excellent project management capabilities to manage multiple workstreams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions that drove business impact and/or improved consumer experience
• Deep knowledge of the current retail landscape, including emerging trends, headwinds and the innovative business models that are breaking through
• Track record of being resourceful, identifying creative solutions and discovering new data sets/methodologies to answer business questions
• A strong grasp of consumer lifetime value as a concept and the importance of this metric to the long term health of a business
• Fluency in SQL
• Competency with statistical packages such as R, SPSS, SAS preferred
• Strong communication, data packaging and presentation skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00430857