Reliability and Test EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.Description
The person will also be responsible for developing protocols to quantify performance of electromechanical devices in exercise or team sports environments. The ability to schedule and manage a variety of testing plans and resources to meet overall project planning is a needed skill in the role. An interest and understanding of human physiology and general health and fitness knowledge is beneficial.
The ability to communicate salient results from testing in ways to be understand across wide audiences is required. Recipients of updates will have varied backgrounds, so the ability to tailor a message is extremely beneficial.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. BS in other engineering disciplines may be considered.
- Three to seven years of custom reliability test plans of electro-mechanical devices. Candidates without experience with electro-mechanical devices may be considered if other areas of needs are exceptional.
- Utilizing DOE as part of the development process and reliability demonstration activities.
- Basic Knowledge of Statistics, sample size and power of the test calculations and a willingness to learn advanced statistical methods.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
- Failure Analysis and problem-solving skills related to prototype.
- Participation and contribution to cross-functional teams is required for success.
- Experience with participating and leading risk management assessments and establishing action plans as outcomes.
- MS in ME, EE or other Engineering.
- Usage of MATLAB or Python for data parsing and analysis.
- Experience with working with overseas contract manufactures.
- Working with and directing outside resources in executing of pre-defined test protocols is beneficial.
- Experience with testing of human subjects.
- Experience with the development of Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT) performed at an overseas location as well as an action plan based on test results.
- Experience with Statistical Reliability models (Weibull, Crow Method, or RGA) is highly beneficial.
- Development of Accelerated Testing Methods, and calculation of Acceleration Factors to reduce time to discovery for reliability issues (HALT, HASS, etc.).
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00426577