Senior Mechanical EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.Description
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in mechanical design and product development.
- 2+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience in the consumer electronics or medical industry is highly preferred.
- Works with Engineering Leads, Industrial Designers, Innovators, and other experts to create innovative products and experiences. Works with product teams to serve as a mechanical engineering resource to enable innovation and inline product creation. Uses concept sketches, engineering design/ideas, and other communication methods to assure clear understanding of technological capabilities and limitations of mechanical systems and manufacturing methods.
- Works with Design resources using CAD and other tools to simulate engineering structure, materials, and product designs. Enables close collaboration between engineering, design, and consumer experience teams.
- Creates specifications and quotation documentation in order to lead external professional services firms (domestic and international) and factories to create prototypes, proof-of-concepts, and product concepts for the product development team.
- Accountable for remaining connected with state-of-the-art innovations across the materials, manufacturing, and mechanical design industry; sharing technology innovations with team members and partners across the company.
- Excellent creativity, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time-management skills are required.
- Expertise in industry standard product development processes to create high-volume products, including new-product-introduction (NPI) phase.
- High-level understanding of adjacent technical disciplines (industrial design and electrical engineering) required.
- Experience working closely with Design teams to preserve design intent required.
- Proficiency in parametric modeling software (e.g. SolidWorks) also required.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Available for occasional late-afternoon/evening conference calls
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00426571