Senior Technical Developer for Women’s Run Train LiveApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Global Apparel Product Creation, Product Development
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
As our Senior Technical Developer for Women’s RTL, you will utilize your advanced technical knowledge related to product fit, patterns and construction in order to provide leadership for large and complex apparel development projects.
You’ll work closely with design to understand the creative vision of the line for each project and translate design concepts into 3D product. You'll also translate and/or communicate design concepts to generate 2D patterns that incorporate proportional lines, fit requirements and construction feasibility. You'll collaborate with the design and project team to interpret and clarify each design concept, in addition to working with overseas vendors to ensure production and manufacturability. You'll work with design, product merchandising and manufacturing to effectively execute on advanced technical product development goals and deliverables.
Senior Technical Developers facilitate the fit strategy and fit standards, lead fit sessions and fit garments with the project team while providing fit recommendations and solutions to issues. You’ll provide direction to the wider global apparel team. You'll also provide technical recommendations to design staff in order to create consistency of fit and construction and to help achieve design concepts and category initiatives. You'll represent the design team as needed in follow-up and decision-making related to aesthetics of assigned styles after each season's prototype review. In addition, you'll create and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes.
*Please note: This posting is for multiple openings in Women's.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Pattern Making, Textile Science or related field or 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 5 years' pattern making and apparel development experience
- Advanced knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery, materials and machinery
- Ability to act as a technical resource and mentor others; lead initiatives and project teams
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and results orientation
- Ability to write product specs and advanced construction instructions
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a high workload and multiple projects
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator and CAD Pattern Design software (Optitex/Browzwear) highly desired
- Ability to travel 10-20% including International travel
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00460318