NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
As part of Nike Digital engineering Solution Delivery team, support consumer connectivity, customization, and commerce efforts. Collaborate with team members to shape foundation of online applications, systems, and analytics environments. Approve and conduct design and code reviews. Create critical-path, high-risk, advanced and cross-functional technical designs, collaborating with other teams on integration needs and design. Contribute to database design, ensuring consistent technical approach, and participating and contributing to overall architectural footprint, direction, and standards. Perform application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources. Contribute to technical solutions by performing technical analysis and identifying options and solutions. Identify technical issues and determine options for issue resolution and risk mitigation. Define and communicate requirements for technical environments and determine technical scope for projects. Create and apply architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments. Establish, maintain, and apply coding and configuration standards and best practices. Review and approve performance test results, recommendations, and tuning results. Guide and mentor junior developers. Key duties including managing development and operations for NGAP Data Science platform capabilities, Tableau platform capabilities, Airflow development and deployment, operations and DevOps automation for the user’s teams using the platform systems. It includes staff management responsibility, including direct reports, assigned ETWs, managed services teams, and matrixed resources. This role collaborates directly with the Platform Provisioning team on shared responsibilities and solution areas. It provides support for engineering and user teams throughout Nike that uses the platform.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Serve as a technical lead and responsible for DevOps deployment automation of assigned systems.
- Responsible for Onboarding and partnering with key Stakeholder teams, using newer container hosted technologies
- Provide technical leadership and direction for team members for development, automation and operations practices. Manage source code repository and coding standards.
- Serve as the engineering resource responsible for technical issue resolution for Platform development, automation and support functions.
- Drive the long-term solution of incidents and enhancement, with increased focus on architecture simplification and automation.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of Platform Support across assigned areas. Optimize the stability and reliability of supported systems and services and deliver support aligned with team SLAs.
- Serve as an escalation point for daily operations and support work.
- Guide development of Operational Readiness tools, including monitoring, alerting, and operational support documentation. Ensure that the team is adequately trained on Operational Readiness and contributes to the evolution and maturity of these tools.
- Provide stakeholder communications as needed.
- Work with project managers and team members to break down project requests, infrastructure needs, and operational support work into technical tasks and assignments.
- Ensure team members maintain quarterly OKR documents and contribute to organizational culture as defined by leadership.
- Know and follow security principles including data privacy and security standards, CIS requirements, Cloud Enablement standards and industry best practices.
Skills needs for the role:
- 5+ years’ Architecting and designing scalable environments for Big Data warehousing systems;
- Leading projects for a global company; tracking project milestones and deadlines;
- Creating, analyzing and administration of Tableau dashboards and servers;
- Leading, guiding, mentoring and coaching developers and engineers;
- Working with setup, administration, and development of server, such as Tableau, Airflow or AWS EMR.
- Working with Oracle 10g or later, PL/SQL, and Informatica ETL tools;
- Experience with deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications, built on Docker or Kubernetes.
- 3+ years’ in scripting/Languages such as Python, Windows Powershell or Java
- Hands On experience with Hadoop Ecosystems, including Hive, Pig or Spark.
- 3 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu.
- Lead the team on CI/CD based Automation using Jenkins/Circle CI.
- Enforce Infrastructure as code discipline across the platform using Terraform/Cloud formation.
- Working with Legacy Data Warehouse systems, such as Oracle, PL/SQL.;
- Reporting, querying, and programming with ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica;
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00441848