SR DESIGNER JORDAN APPAREL, MENSApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
You'll lead design efforts in our Men’s apparel Collections.
You'll utilize your exceptional design skills to create original, style-led innovative designs that accurately reflect Brand Jordan’s design philosophy and lead the industry.
Through continued research and consumer connection, be able to quickly anticipate and identify key trends, that translate into meaningful product that resonate with our consumers.
Respond to business objectives with creative design solutions aligned to consumer insights.
You'll work with our Design and Category teams to strategize, create, drive and deliver powerful presentations for seasonal design proposals that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
You'll also lead design product processes to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met. This opportunity also involves partnering with Design Leadership and category team members in Design, Development and Merchandising to ensure design feasibility and meet price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
You'll provide prototype sampling information, including fabrication, trim, color, graphic applications, style, detail, fit requirements and construction detail.
You'll also monitor the development of prototype samples and interact with our Development, Pattern Making, Material, and the Sample Room to exchange ideas and ensure timely completion of each project. You'll maintain and continually expand upon expert knowledge of current trends, color, and consumer-related products through market travel and research. You'll provide guidance to Designers and category team members and share knowledge, experience, skills and best practices with others.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design or a related field
• 8 years' relevant design experience
• 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
• Exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout
• Comprehensive understanding of garment construction and textile sciences
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in the local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources
• Strong knowledge of cross team collaboration
• Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to inspire, involve and mentor others
• Ability to conceive and/or create new ideas, generate consensus and work cooperatively
• Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, high growth environment
• Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00410625