Technical Developer II- Jordan Women’s ApparelApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Sales, Jordan, Marketing & Communications, Sales
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.Description
As our Technical Developer II for Jordan Women’s Apparel, you'll utilize your fit and construction knowledge to develop seasonal styles. In this role, you will work closely with the Jordan Apparel Women’s triad to understand the creative vision of the line and then translate concepts into viable, commercial designs. You’ll leverage situational communication skills to collaborate with in house and our Shanghai PCC development partners. You'll apply the seasonal fit strategy within the Women’s offense, to ensure consistent and successful fit. You'll fit garments with the team and provide fit recommendations, direction and solutions to issues. You'll also provide technical recommendations to the product team in order to create consistency of fit/construction and to help achieve design concepts and Women’s Brand initiatives and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes to help design intent and cost savings. In addition, you'll ensure consistent and appropriate development documentation is maintained for assigned styles including, but not limited to specifications sheets, fit approval rates, and tracking reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textile Sciences or a related field or 2 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- 2+ years' technical design experience in the apparel industry
- Proficiency in computer patternmaking a plus
- Proficient in leading fit sessions across commercialization team and leadership
- Knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery, materials and machinery
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- Ability to act as a technical resource
- Ability to write product specs and construction standards
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Ability to handle a high workload and multiple seasons
- Adobe Illustrator, Virtual Prototyping and CAD software experience highly desired
- Experience with outerwear is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00452771