Plastic Machine OperatorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Development
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
We currently have an opening on the following shift:
- A-shift: Monday through Thursday from 5:30am to 5:30 pm (Days)
- B-shift: Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 5:30am (Nights)
- C-shift: Friday through Sunday from 5:30am to 5:30pm (Days)
- D-shift: Friday through Sunday from 5:30pm to 5:30am (Nights)
- 6 months experience within a manufacturing, military, or a technical trade preferred
- Experience within a plastics manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Machine set-up and troubleshooting experience highly preferred
- Proven mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to remove molds and tooling weighing between 30 to 70 lbs.
- Ability to utilize torque wrenches and various other hand tools while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Ability to calculate basic math problems including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, using fractions and decimals and an understanding of weight and measurement
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at 20 feet or more
- Ability to identify and distinguish product clarity and apparent defects while monitoring the product process
- Knowledge of general manufacturing principles of mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience working in a team environment to meet production goals
- Proven ability to handle multiple requests and competing priorities in order to meet production deadlines
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screen
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00414294