Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.Description
As our Sourcing & Costing Manager, you'll create and execute long range and seasonal sourcing plans for NA Express Lane across footwear and apparel on two distinct product creation calendar timelines. You'll represent Sourcing in cross functional line planning, material selection and development to ensure product needs and factory capabilities are built into the timelines and process. You will lead creative solutions against the sourcing needs of making product in a close to market environment, as well as lead and develop the current source base into a new way of working closer to market.You'll offer manufacturing alternatives to resolve design, development and costing challenges. You'll provide sourcing strategy and direction while collaborating to select the most appropriate manufacturing source to meet delivery, quality and pricing needs. You'll analyze manufacturing capabilities, capacities, and cost expectation alongside demand requirements to anticipate and avoid issues. In addition, you'll collaborate with the supply planning and margin planning teams to ensure category source direction and cost are tracking to targets.
- Create and execute a long range and seasonal sourcing plan for each classification and product. Collaborate with key stakeholder (PLMs/Development/Global Sourcing) to select the most appropriate manufacturing source to meet delivery, capacity, quality, and pricing needs. Present sourcing strategy to the team and to Global Sourcing.
- Represent Sourcing in cross functional line planning with Development and PLMs to ensure products are sourced at the best factory taking into consideration material and silhouette availability, factory capabilities, and costing implications.
- Input sourcing in the system for each season and manage source plugs to secure factory capacity. Work with Demand Planning, PLMs, and Global Sourcing to update plugs based on future fabric, category, and forecast projections.
- proto comes in, collaborate with PCC and factory to make sure costing is accurate and cost sheets are delivered on time. Review each cost sheet for cost drivers/accuracy and confirm pricing for each style in the system. Create margin summary for the team, identifying high volume styles that are over target and work with the triad to improve FOBs to ensure the portfolio is hitting our margin target.
- Build relationships with Express Lane’s key Apparel suppliers. Collaborate with factory to find solves to build profitable product while still hitting design’s vision. Travel with team to factory on-sites to lead costing conversations, report margins, and run cost scenarios to inform the team on material change implications to hit style and portfolio margin targets.
- Collaborate with Global Sourcing team to set up near shore factory options to enable a shortened product calendar and unlock speed to market products.
- Create a margin reporting process to report seasonal margins and track style FOBs to show variances from target.
- Work with key Footwear partners (PLMs and Material Design) on ad hoc costing scenario requests prior to Design Handoff to reduce samples coming in over target.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 12531