Logistics Project ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
As a Project Manager on the China Logistics, you will be part of a high performing team delivering new logistics capabilities and optimize supply chain flow. You will bring a high level of experience in hands-on project management. Large project management experience in supply chain network is preferred, and we are looking for people who are passionate about the world of value-driven solution delivery.
Your Role on the Team
As the project manager, you will perform hands-on project management. The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement an overall project management strategy and roadmap for GC.
- Prepare and analyze key program data, trending, and reporting information to drive program level insights in the critical areas of scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, and benefits realization.
Identify project risks and recommend corrective responses, as necessary, to improve performance.
Build strong, collaborative relationships within the team, across work streams, internal Nike departments, and external partners.
Provide direct project management for critical tracks of work including scope, schedule, cost, resource management, quality, risk management, and change control.
Responsible for understanding and communicating project dependencies and constraints; driving clarity of critical path tasks; and timely tracking, update, and management of deliverable status, estimate to complete, dependencies, and milestones.
Responsible for understanding, ensuring accuracy, and communicating project metrics and analytics to drive rigorous execution, enable early insight to potential issues, and support data driven decision making to ensure the project remains on course for success
Manage status reporting, presented weekly to Project Leadership.
Act as an escalation point for complex problems. Recommend and implement corrective action, as necessary, to improve program performance.
What We’re Looking For
To make it clear, we’re not looking for just anyone. We’re looking for someone special, someone who has these experiences and clearly meets these important qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related field. Masters degree in related field (ie. MBA,) preferred, oversea working or study experience preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in Supply Chain network, retail store or DC/Transportation operation experience preferred, DC implementation experience preferred, digital implementation is a plus;
- At least 5 years of project management roles, consulting background preferred;
- Understand of supply chain related systems, such as WMS, TMS, OMS and other digital platform;
- Quick learning and critical thinking ability is a must;
- Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise of building consensus across business partners and influencing successful outcomes.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Experience working successfully in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Highly analytical with ability to leverage decision support tools and analytic models to drive data-driven decision making (Microsoft © Excel, Tableau, etc)
- Fluent English in Writing & Speaking
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11966