Product Developer II – Equipment (Hardgoods)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
- The Product Developer coordinates the product creation process from initial concept to commercialization and production for assigned models.
- Leads on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management as well as Merchandising, and Manufacturing to effectively execute product development goals and deliverables.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is completed, including product specs, costing and prototype notes.
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
- The Product Developer keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process.
- Engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Process, or Manufacturing Engineering with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience with Global Football (soccer) products including soccer balls, shin guards, goal keeper gloves or similar.
- Passionate about Football (soccer) products development and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Football (soccer) manufacturing, costing and construction.
- General knowledge of mold engineering/tooling & product testing preferred.
- Ability to read product specs and understand relationships.
- Demonstrated project management and problem solving skills.
- Team player; able to work in an environment with high inter-dependencies between teams and cross-cultural colleagues.
- Staunch believer in continuous self-improvement, leading with empathy, compassion and team-work.
- Demonstrated strong English verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Fluency in Mandarin essential
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 13227