NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the Sr Engineering Manager in Data Capture and Personalization space, we are looking for a talented and experienced senior engineering leader to manage and grow an engineering organization foundational to Nike’s Digital Transformation. The role would require the person to oversee teams that are building platforms for collecting consumer telemetry in real-time, along with integration libraries and training to enable experience developers to deliver high-quality data with confidence across the Nike Digital Ecosystem.
- You have a track record of leading distributed systems engineering teams in software companies.
- You have demonstrated the ability to deliver real-time data platforms, client libraries, training and support services to teams with diverse levels of experience.
- You have experience with building and operating high-speed stream processing systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Nifi, etc.
- You have experience building self-service APIs, operational support systems and tools on top of those core data pipelines to enable large organizations with diverse data needs.
- You have demonstrated on-boarding partner engineering teams with varying levels of maturity in data and analytics to libraries and training materials to confidently send high-quality data through our system.
- You are passionate about engineering, operational excellence, DevOps maturity and enabling your team and dependent teams to diagnose and solve production issues quickly
- You have demonstrated that you can build excellent engineering teams with clear mission and goals
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- You thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services to defined SLA’s.
- You are able to navigate different stakeholder perspectives, create a plan and can effectively communicate how they will be impacted by the services you build to drive towards successful outcomes
- You have the passion, motivation and drive to take company strategies, priorities and vision, break it down into goals and outcomes for your teams to excite and motivate them for sustained period of time
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers in Nike Greater China HQ.
- Support, Coach and guide the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Work with the larger Nike Global Technology organization to provide clear path for progression through personal development plans, clear goals, perform periodic performance evaluations and guide employees to their objectives
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Enhance and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response process.
- Share your teams Product, Engineering and team metrics to Nike’s Senior technology and business executives periodically
- Collaborate on road maps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities
- Act as an ambassador for Nike, recruiting and motivating top talent, find opportunities to grow engineering community presence and represent Nike Technology initiatives at relevant conferences and meet ups
Nike Global Technology’s Data Capture and Personalization platform supports services that are Core to building premium Digital Consumer experiences at scale. These include Nike.com, SNKRs App, Nike App, NTC, NRC and Mini App on WeChat Platform. Every one of these products delivers data to our data lake, and we need to evolve how they deliver it to increase quality, operational responsiveness, unlock real-time personalization products. In this role you would own and be accountable for how we scale and develop the platform, libraries and training for experience data producers at-large. You would also provide guidance around building supporting data processing platforms and services, such as metadata-based routing, event quality validation, turnkey composition and enrichment systems and storage syncs. Your team’s services takes into account all of various regulatory requirements for each country, as well as compliance initiatives, including GDPR, DPA and data sovereignty laws.
As we scale our services globally, you would be required to help the teams deploy services across multiple geographical regions, manage stakeholder requests from multiple geographies and work with product owners across various experiences. As Nike obsesses over consumer journeys, your role would be critical towards building a platform that is able to make intelligent choices so that we can build personalized consumer experiences.
What we’re looking for:
- 9 years software development experience
- 3 or more years in a management role
- Excellent skills in team leadership and building positive stakeholder relationships
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in Distributed NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Aurora or similar technologies.
- Experience building and operating high-speed and high-scale real-time data pipeline platforms.
- Experience building integration libraries and training for those pipelines for teams who have varying levels of maturity in instrumenting and operating data and analytics telemetry.
- Prior experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Diverse and deep experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Node.js, Scala, Java or Python.
- Experience with traditional big data engineering resources and processes such as Hadoop or MPPS systems such as Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 11938