FOOTWEAR INNOVATION ENGINEER IIApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike is always on the offense and is constantly innovating.We are looking for an individual to join the NIKE innovation team to help revolutionize the world’s best athletic footwear for the world’s best athletes and the most discerning consumers.
You will work closely with Nike and factory teams, designing and planning engineering trials for the various phases of product and process: exploration, conception, validation and development. You will translate trial results into appropriate next steps in a scientific and analytical manner, determine alternative methods for achieving performance targets, and generate documents that properly communicate processes and results. An ability to develop state of the art engineering solutions for a manufacturing environment is critical.
A successful candidate must also be a good communicator, a strong collaborator, possess an ability to proactively influence diverse teams, and have a solid understanding of a product creation process. You will also evaluate the manufacturability of products, develop appropriate assembly processes, and plan appropriate tooling/fixtures/gauges to achieve assembly cost targets. Finally, you will be responsible for group participation in ideation, visioning, creative problem solving, and critical brainstorming on new, game-changing product or process concepts. And of course, you will have fun delivering the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Process, or Manufacturing Engineering with 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with equipment development, preferably in a product manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with equipment suppliers (price, delivery, and on-going service) desired.
- Knowledge of mathematics involved in costing and industrial engineering.
- Presentation skills. Working knowledge of .ppt or various other electronic means to communicate a new idea or concept.Tech writing capability a plus.
- Mandarin speaking with good to strong English communication (written + verbal) capabilities.
- Sports enthusiast and can exhibit an understanding of current events in sports and/or has participated in team sports.
- Creativity and an ability to challenge status quo or convention.
- Independence or self-starter with good people skills and ability to network.
- Ability to work with and understand diverse cultures.
- Must possess ability to relocate to source country office in Taichung, Taiwan.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 12263