QUALITY ENGINEER / COLORISTApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Manufacturing & EngineeringDescription
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for all color development activities for buy ready and to monitor seasonal supplier performance.
- Responsible for building and maintaining working relationship with vendors, including regular supplier visits for reviewing and discussing color & quality engineering and actively seeking their input/suggestions for color/quality management.
- Provides product quality/color expertise to category teams to ensure potential color/quality risks/defects are identified and prevented at the design stage and provides input based on quality/color data analyses, supplier capabilities and performance history.
- Provides product quality/color expertise to suppliers to ensure potential color/quality risks/defects are identified before production and provides inputs based on supplier capabilities and performance history.
- Reviews manufacturing plans to ensure manufacturing processes are capable of meeting specification and tolerance requirement consistently.
- Performs process capability analyses to color/qualify critical specifications and processes and to provide for manufacturing process control implementation.
- Provides support to suppliers & NIKE internal teams where necessary for new supplier evaluations and suppliers visits for training, problem solving, corrective action, and follow-up.
- Strong textile manufacturing process understanding and technical knowledge.
- Textile related degree holder with 2-3 years working experience as Textile Quality Engineer and/or Colorist. Previous experience worked in textile mill is preferred.
- Must have Color Discrimination Skills represented by a score of 16 or less using the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test. A hue test will be conducted at the beginning of the interview. If the score fails, the interview will be terminated immediately.
- Familiar with lab testing, color lab dipping process and dyeing recipe combination.
- Strong analytical skill and able to work with numbers and trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Ability to work independently, proactive, self-motivated, positive work attitude, attention to detail, organized, strong sense of responsibility.
- Understanding of computers as a tool for report, research and communication. Good Excel skill is important.
- Occasional travelling is required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 12460