SR MANAGER - AMMApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
- Responsible for setting the direction for materials use and management from product commercialization through the manufacturing cycle.
- Responsible for the execution of global materials sourcing, pricing, materials consolidation programs, vendor selection and performance management, and category materials consultation.
- Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production.
- Manages employees and sets individual goals that link to departmental priorities. Coaches staff, supports development, makes hiring decisions, and drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Manages the materials and trim development team for a category or product. Ensures team delivers on-time materials according to critical dates, product specifications, sustainability, performance, and profitability skills.
- Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. Ensures functional goals and development processes continuously revolve to reflect internal and external best practices.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, group goals, new technology, and process innovation throughout the materials and trims community.
- Utilizes internal and external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness.
- Bachelor Degree holder with minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant field
- Strong apparel manufacturing and supply chain experience, including product creation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across a broad set of stakeholder groups
- Sound judgment and ability to provide direction toward the determination of policy and strategy
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making, and motivate others, especially during difficult situations or on tough organizational issues
- Financial acumen (manufacturing costs/FOB)
- Passionate about change and finding simple ways to solve complex problems
- Ability to influence others in leading changes
- Proficient project manager and problem solver. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate goals and objectives
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to mentor and motivate team in the function
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 10686